Background

Friday, February 18, 2011

Curly Hair

I was having a conversation with my friend, Misty, about how my hair doesn't hold curl. She bet me that she had just the thing to make my hair curly. So, she brought sponge rollers to school one day. That night I was very impressed with myself- I had gotten 17 rollers in and just knew I would wake up with beautiful curls. Well, that morning I woke up, spent 20 minutes taking out the rollers (which Lay called hair bows), cutting a couple of pieces of hair, and then I was in shock! I had the curliest hair in the world! It was curlier than Annie's! I was one gigantic curl! Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture. The next day I told Misty about it and she asked me how many rollers I used. I told her I had used all the small purple and blue ones and had used close to 20. She started laughing- THEN, she tells me (after the fact) that she only uses about 7-8 rollers and she uses only the big pink ones!! So, I gave it another try last night, using only 8 of the big pink rollers and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked having curly hair.


Of course, this is after an entire day of teaching, hanging out with friends at a Mexican restaurant, and playing basketball with my boys. I think Mark really liked it because he asked me if I was going to buy some of the rollers and that he bet they weren't that expensive! Thanks, Misty, for proving me wrong- I actually felt "girly" today!

No comments: